Color, taste and aroma of honey
The color of honey is tied with taste and aroma. According to color we differentiate honey on lighter and darker, while according to aroma it can be of weaker and stronger taste. Lighter types of honey are usually milder taste and aroma. From familiar types of light honey we list ACACIA, which has a mild taste and light-golden color, it is liquid and perfect for small children. In this group we include honey from clover, linden, willow, raspberry. Darker types are: wild flower honey that can be lighter and darker, Goldenrod, mint, buckwheat, erica, honeydew, etc.
WHAT INFLUENCES THE COLOR AND AROMA OF HONEY?
Considering that bees make honey by collecting pollen and nectar, color, taste and aroma come straight from them, that is from ingredients that are located in nectar received from plants from which it is collected. The form of honeying influences the aroma and color. Then honeying is abundant, honey will be lighter, and aroma milder, and when honeying is scarce, the color is darker and aroma stronger.
That aroma and color are closely connected, it can be seen by excessive heating of honey not only color but aroma goes bad. Overheated honey goes dark, taste becomes bitter, and fine aroma is gone. That is why bee keepers must be careful not to heat the honey, whether to prevent crystallization, or to melt already crystallized honey, not to heat it over 45 ?C and as soon as it reaches that temperature they should cool it as soon as possible. That will prevent the damage to the color and taste of honey, but there will not be any loss of biochemical composition. Color of honey comes from: plant pigment, tannin, colloids, chlorophyll and similar. By sifting the honey through very thick filters greater part of ingredients is removed from honey, ingredients that give the honey its color and the honey becomes lighter. Essential oils that easily disappear from honey give it its taste and aroma. Bee keepers know that honey just after collecting is most tasteful and most refined.
- ALARMING REDUCTION OF BEES
- Periods in the Development of Bees
- Grazing with bees
- Honey is the Best Antibiotic Against Infections and Bacteria
- Antioxidation Properties of Honey
- Efficiency of Propolis in Treatment of Various Diseases
- Honey is Natural Treasure
- Using bes's Products for Prevention
- Bee's Products are the Cleanest Natural Product
- How to Protect Wax from Insecticides?
- Acacia honey: healing properties and use
- Applications and Characteristics of Linden Honey
- Sunflover Honry: Health Effects And Application
- Healing Properties of Shilajit (Mumiyo)
- Bees Products in Medicine
- What Is The Procedure For Analyying And Rating Honey Quality?
- Color, taste and aroma of honey
- Honeydew: chemical composition and why do bees collect it
- Honey Schnapps - Healing Properties, Preparation, usage and reciepe
- Crystallization Of Honey