Periods in the Development of Bees
According the expert’s opinions, the development of bee colonies until 54th day from the moment queen started laying eggs, depends on the number of bees that survived the winter. After that period it depends on the quality of the queen, that is, its capacity. Entire spring period of development is divided into five cycles, where each cycle lasts 24 days. All facts that are revealed in this division are founded on a sample, that was comprised of 10 000 BEES.
At the end of the first period of 24 days from the day the queen was declared, in the colony we have around 15 000 cells with eggs. That would mean that the queen daily lays 714 eggs, which in colder climate cannot be achieved.
From 25 to 48 day, the replacement of old winter bees with younger bees begins, until the end of the cycle, when the number of bees in the hive begins to grow by 600 bees daily, and the queen reaches maximum capacity. Before the end of the cycle, colony counts 15 000-16 000 bees, and then, if climate allows it, places are replaced with fruitful extensions that satisfy the instinct of bees to expand the nest to upper, warmer part of the hive, where there is now enough space. Since the colony don’t have much scout bees at the time, it is necessary to have adequate food supplies.
From 49 to 72 day, the queen still lays the maximum number of eggs, so that at the end of the cycle the colony has a maximum of 32 000 cells. Still, there is no relative surplus of house bees that can be one of the triggers for swarming, because all house bees are busy nursing the eggs and building the combs. Since the food supply from nature is rising, we cannot allow the blockage, so a third expansion should be introduced in the hive. Unfortunately, this ideal scenario is possible with only strongest, healthiest colonies. However, this is just another proof that such colonies should be kept in the apiary.
From 73 to 96 day, the number of house bees is stabilized; the nest is not growing, and the colony at one point is ready to add the fourth extension (especially in the case of “Farrar” hive). Now we increase the number of added hour fundamentals for building, if we want, or if due to extremely development we have to do it, to keep bees busy. Because, if bees are not busy, they become damaging.
After 105 days the colony reaches its maximum. The best developed colonies have 53 000 bees at the most. In this cycle in the case of most colonies a urge for swarming can occur, if didn’t take adequate care of the space.
- ALARMING REDUCTION OF BEES
- Periods in the Development of Bees
- Grazing with bees
- Honey is the Best Antibiotic Against Infections and Bacteria
- Antioxidation Properties of Honey
- Efficiency of Propolis in Treatment of Various Diseases
- Honey is Natural Treasure
- Using bes's Products for Prevention
- Bee's Products are the Cleanest Natural Product
- How to Protect Wax from Insecticides?
- Acacia honey: healing properties and use
- Applications and Characteristics of Linden Honey
- Sunflover Honry: Health Effects And Application
- Healing Properties of Shilajit (Mumiyo)
- Bees Products in Medicine
- What Is The Procedure For Analyying And Rating Honey Quality?
- Honeydew: chemical composition and why do bees collect it
- Color, taste and aroma of honey
- Honey Schnapps - Healing Properties, Preparation, usage and reciepe
- What types of honey there are?